Togarashi Miso Noodle Bowl
Serves- 4 Entree Portions
- 2 Qts. low sodium stock, preferably chicken
- 12 oz. udon noodles
- 2 Tbsp canola Oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (preferably oyster, shiitake, crimini or Enokitake)
- 4 cups rough chopped baby Bok choy, loosely packed
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined jumbo (21/25) shrimp
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup diced snow peas
- 1 cup Greek Island Spice Togarashi Miso Paste
- Fresh cilantro leaves to garnish
Pre-cook noodles, drain and set aside.
Saute mushrooms in canola oil until slightly brown, then add stock and bring to boil. Add red pepper, simmer a minute, then add Bok choy, and shrimp. Cook only a few minutes, until shrimp is cooked. Gently stir in Greek Island Spice Togarashi Miso Paste and snow peas, allow to simmer another minute.
Divide udon noodles between bowls. Fill bowls with soup and top with cilantro garnish.
Chicken, shellfish or tofu could be added or substituted for shrimp.
Any combination of vegetables could work such as julienne carrots, sliced green onions, or chopped Napa cabbage.
Try substituting Ramen, Soba, or Harusame (Glass) Noodles.